We've been looking for lawn mowers all week at Osh, Sears, Home Depot, and Lowes. Our requirements were only that it was self-propelled (it makes moving the mower effortless) and easy-start (pulling the cord +20 is not fun)
We ended up buying Limited Edition Craftsman display at Osh. It was missing the box, manual, key-starter and starter charger. It was on sale for $339. Joe bargained with the manager and got it for $200. The manager also let us in on a little secret - we could buy the missing parts at sears for $30 (with a coupon code, we paid $25)
In addition to our requirements, it also has:
- high back wheels - makes moving the mower easy
- front-wheel drive - good to turn the mower, but not good for slopes (thankfully our lawn is flat).
- Key start - not necessary to even pull the cord!
- 6.75 ft-lbs gross torque (great deal for $200!)
- $200 + $25 for parts = $225
- At least $115